- Headquarters: Esher, UK
- Technology Stack: Storyblok, BigCommerce, Next.js, Vercel
- 5 weeks
- To Webshop launch
- Lighthouse Performance
- Lighthouse SEO
The Magical Mushroom Company® launched in 2019 with the goal of manufacturing high-volume production capability of sustainable materials. They believe that only by delivering at scale can they help rid the world of plastic pollution. With factories in Esher and Attenborough - UK and Sofia - BG, they have the capacity to deliver on the packaging needs of the biggest enterprises. Their work is about making a case for modernity and industry. And the only way to do that is to call an end to unnecessary waste and pollution.
Magical Mushroom’s e-commerce presence was developed by Cygnet Digital, Storyblok Partner. They are a MACH-aligned agency that specializes in building products with best-of-breed technology. MACH technologies allowed them to build in record time with massive scalability and slash overheads. That’s why phase 1 of the project was executed in just 5 weeks. The new site delivered a 94% Lighthouse Score in Performance and a 92% Lighthouse Score in SEO.
Quote from Ziggy Fried, CTO / Director of eCommerce at Magical Mushroom Company®
Everyone involved in this project has been wow-ed by the end result and Storyblok. From a developer's perspective, it was very easy to set up a quite complicated layout. From the point of view of our Website Manager, being able to see what you are editing in real time in the Visual Editor is impressive.
Building a functional webshop while boosting product recognition
Expanded Polystyrene, or EPS Foam, is used in countless applications. From protective packaging in the form of packing corners, packing boxes, and packing peanuts to coffee cups, sculptures, insulation, and bicycle helmets. But, did you know that EPS takes thousands of years to biodegrade? This is damaging and harmful to our planet. That is why Magical Mushroom Company® is here to solve the problem of plastic by offering packaging that is easily biodegradable.
To fulfill their mission of solving the problem of plastic in the world, they set the following objectives:
- Create a B2B webshop to ease and increase packaging sales. Since the company was doing only phone sales, the goal was to create a functional webshop for Magical Mushroom.
- Fast project delivery. The new webshop has to go live in as little as 5 weeks.
- Create a corporate website to help with product branding and recognition. Separate the company’s corporate website and webshop to raise brand awareness and increase the company’s online sales.
A corporate website and a B2B webshop for Magical Mushroom Company®
Magical Mushroom’s e-commerce presence was developed by Cignet Digital. They believe that modular-type API development gives them superpowers. They can integrate great tech together and create beautiful projects backed by software that grows as their clients’ business grows. What's special about Cygnet Digital is their dedication to helping charities, NGOs, and companies like Magical Mushroom.
The final results from this cooperation include:
- A corporate website. The magicalmushroom.com website was developed with the help of fortyTwo Interactive. It serves as the education hub for all clients. Also, the goal behind the corporate website is to intrigue large enterprises about the product. To get them to reach out for more information about products specific to their needs.
- A webshop. The mushroompackaging.co.uk webshop was developed to ease selling. Especially for small to mid-sized companies who are looking to buy off-the-shelf products. The webshop is managed with Storyblok and BigCommerce.
What is fascinating is that Phase 1 of the project was executed in 5 weeks and the project handover in less than 1 hour.
The Magical Mushroom’s vision was very clear and Cygnet Digital knew that Storyblok would be the best solution:
- Storyblok's CMS allows Magical Mushroom to run both sides of the operation with very creative website components.
- With Storyblok, developers were able to easily set up the webshop, in just 5 weeks.
- Storyblok's CMS allows Magical Mushroom to have a solution that enables their marketing team to run the show independently, without requiring developers.
Ziggy Fried (CTO / Director of eCommerce at Magical Mushroom Company®) is an expert on CMSs. When he first came across Storyblok, he was impressed. So, decided to go with the CMS. He loved how easy it was to set up the website and the shop. He also loved the fact that it would be easy to use, especially as the company introduced more team members to the CMS.
Quote from Peter Ross, Co-founder and CEO at Cygnet Digital
Working with MACH-aligned organizations like Storyblok helps our developers perform a lot quicker. Our developers love the Storyblok APIs and the custom modular functionality of the CMS. And the best part is that Storyblok works for almost all our customers. It provides a solid foundation for growing businesses as well as large enterprises.