Plugins: Vue.js 2.5.2+Changes in: app open-source Permalink
We’ve restructured the way our plugins work, therefore you can now choose Vue.js 2.5.2 for your own plugin and use all of their amazing features! Besides that, we’ve also added a better error catching to plugins to resolve some questions before they even happen.
New: Demo Space
When creating a new space, or after registration, you can now choose to play with a demo space which shows all capabilities of Storyblok and a basic content setup we and our customers are working with.
Input Event in Composer
- Adds debounced
inputevent in Compose mode to allow instant rerender without refresh or only on save.
- Adds debounced
Universal JS ClientChanges in: open-source Permalink
- This client is a thin wrapper for the Storyblok API’s to use in Node.js and the browser
- Published new Universal JS Client
- Node Client obsolete because of the new client
Link to: New Universal JS client.
UI Performance update
- Updates app.storyblok.com to use app.storyblok.com as endpoint for the API to get rid of unnecessary OPTION calls.
- Lazy/Skeleton loading of most Content entries
Component RenamerChanges in: mapi app api Permalink
- Added Component Renamer Immediate Task
- Added Component Renamer background task
- Changed Component renaming UI
- Added Component renaming notice
Stories: Sort By
- Adds Sort Option for Name in Content Overview filters
- Adds Sort Option for Slug in Content Overview filters
- Filters are now Bookmarkable.
- Added handling of concurrent editing by allowing conflict resolution if content has changed since your last edit.
New: Multi Asset field
You want to allow mutliple image uploads in one field - guess what - you can do that now using the multi asset field type!
Adds Published Link and State
- Adds Published Version Link in Dropdown next to publish, to easily access not only the Draft but also the Published version of your content
- Added Published State of Content entry right next to Publish
- Added State to Datasource Entries
New: UsernameChanges in: mapi app Permalink
- Adds username as identifier for users
- allow collaborator invitation via username
- rework calls to use username
- Adds Dashboard Charts
- Adds statistics
- Reduces Activities on Dashboard
- Introduces Activities App
- Introduces Activities Filters
Updates Multilink FilterChanges in: app api Permalink
- allow more advanced mutli-choice selection
- Adds DPA download link (English and German) to Profile section in app.
- We only require one thing from you to let you use our services: your e-Mail.
- We do need your e-Mail so we can get in touch with you (password reset, onboarding, …).
- Other can add you as collaborator using your full e-Mail.
- We won’t send you advertisements about other services.
- We won’t sell your information to any data brokers or similar.
- We may need more information if you subscribe to our paid plans for invoices.
- You can find our DPA in your “My account” section in the app.
Many of you asked us about a Rich-Text field in Storyblok. In the past this was only possible by creating a custom field type.
With the new update to the Markdown field type you can easily switch to a Rich-Text editor by clicking the eye-icon or define Rich-Text as default in the schema configuration.
We tried out a lot of Rich-Text options out there and decided to go with ProseMirror. A big advantage of this editor is that it produces Markdown compatible output and it’s highly customizable.