Developer Guest Writing Terms
Storyblok is the first headless CMS that works for developers & marketers alike.
Hi there! First of all, welcome to the Storyblok Developer Technical Writing Program. Our mission is to teach everyone about Storyblok and Jamstack and become better software engineers. Please look at our terms & conditions listed below and let us know if you’d like to join us. We look forward to collaborating with you!
Why write for Storyblok
Writing and publishing with Storyblok will help you:
- Share your knowledge with a large audience.
- Grow your personal brand in the worldwide developer community.
- Become a better writer by collaborating with an accomplished team of technical writers and editors from the Developer Relations Team.
- Get paid to do what you do best.
Who are we looking for
We’re looking for a diverse group of practicing developers with good writing skills who want to share their knowledge with the worldwide developer community.
You have experience with the Headless approach and CMS. You love the Jamstack ecosystem.
You have written technical articles before and are comfortable receiving feedback on your writing during the publishing process.
Our readers have a wide range of skills, but we’re looking for writers who can write for a wide range of developers including senior engineers.
What topics are we looking for
Our articles and tutorials help a lot of software engineers and content creators. To achieve this, the Storyblok blog covers articles on:
- serverless tech,
- useful development tips and tricks,
- performance optimization techniques, and more.
We are also very interested to see what you build with Storyblok. 😇
Most new articles are paid out at €200.
Payment will be issued via:
- Direct wire transfer (an invoice is needed for this case).
- GitHub Sponsors.
What resources will support my writing
When your article needs a diagram, make sure it has a resolution of
840 pixels or is in the 16:9 format. Please use Grammarly to correct grammar and style errors before submitting.
How is our publication process?
Apply, collaborate, write, revise, publish, and repeat.
- Apply: Apply to our program with your title idea and a concise article outline. We publish only original, first-run content.
- Collaborate: If your proposal is accepted, you'll work with the team to refine your topic and outline for your article.
- Write: Once your proposal is approved, it's time to write. We provide resources to help you get started.
- Review: Submit your first draft and collaborate one-on-one with a technical editor to prepare your work for publication. The editor will complete a technical review and provide developmental feedback about your work.
- Revise: You'll revise your article based on your editor’s notes. (Sometimes more than once.) Our goal is to ensure that your article is technically correct and reproducible, aligns with our style, and will help our community grow its skills.
- Publish: After revisions, your manager will publish your article. Storyblok will also promote your article in our newsletter and social networks (Twitter, LinkedIn, and Dev.to).
- Get paid: When you choose your payment method you'd be paid.
- Repeat: Build a relationship with the DevRel team by suggesting new articles you want to write.
A member of the Storyblok DevRel team will invite you to a private discord channel or via email for easier communication on the article.
Terms & Conditions
After the payment, all rights of use, re-use, intellectual property, copyrights, and right to pass on are transferred to Storyblok. The contractor confirms performance was made in favor of Storyblok exclusively and assigns all rights for full commercial use.