Field Type Translation Import Improvements
Changes in: mapi Permalink
With this update we improved the export and import functionality of field type translations.
- When exporting from the target language (not default language) only fields that are defined as “Translateable” are exported.
- The translation keys are the same in every target language (i18n codes have been removed).
- The exported file contains all content from the default language.
- When importing the translated file back the fields of the target language will be filled out.
The recommended workflow is like following:
- Beginn by filling in content in the default language.
- Select the language you want to translate from the menu bar.
- Go to the config tab of the content item and click export.
- Use the exported file in the translation tool of your choice to translate the default language to your target language.
- Import the translated language using the import button with the target language selected from the menu bar.