Conflict resolving while editing
You might have seen an overlay while you’ve worked on your content. This happens if you’re working on a content item that has been updated from another user or even from yourself and your current tab has an older version.
- Editor B opens the content item “Article 1”
- Editor A changes content in content item “Article 1” and presses Save.
- Editor B still has the old “Article 1” open in its tab
- Editor B now changes content without having the content from Editor A, as they opened the “Article 1” before the changes where made
- Conflict Resolving overlay shows for Editor B
“Opens newer version in a new window t o let you copy over your changes”
As Editor B the latest saved version of Editor A will be opened in a new Tab and you will be able to add your changes in that new tab.
“Overwrites newer version with your changes”
As Editor B you ignore the changes of Editor A and override their changes with yours.