What is a Theme?
If you want a hosting instance with our Rendering Service so you won’t have to setup a server yourself, you can choose from one of our themes:
- Free cloud hosting
- Routing (
/home/will directly render the story with the slug
- Helper Functions (Filters for URLs, Markdown and much more)
- Instant availability / always online
- Integrated image cropping service
- Local development environment
- Default builds with gulp for your styles & scripts
- Simple configuration
The themes of the Storyblok rendering service are based on Liquid. Liquid is an open-source template language created by Shopify and written in Ruby. Read about the basics of Liquid. You are free to deep dive into our theme documentation.
If you don’t want to start with one of our themes, you can access all your stories using our Content Delivery API directly. Alternatively, you can check out one of our Boilerplates to start your server with.
How to start with a theme
If you’re completely new to Storyblok, we suggest you try our quickstart command first: