One field type is the smallest part in the storyblok terminology.
Field type overview
- Text (a text field)
- Textarea (a text area)
- Boolean (a checkbox -
- Multiple Options (a list of checkboxes)
- Single Option (a simple dropdown)
- Date/Time (a date- and time picker)
- Image (a upload field for a single image with cropping possibilities)
- File (a upload field for a single file)
- Weblink/Storylink (an input field for internal linking to other stories (with suggestions) or external URLs)
- Group/Section (no input possibility - allows you to group fields in sections)
- Components (a field to interleave other components in your current one)
- Markdown (write markdown in fullscreen to have full focus on your content)
- Custom Plugins (extend the editor yourself with a color picker or similar - Check out: Creating a Storyblok field type plugin)
A component consists of numerous fields - or even zero.