From the start, we have seen unbelievable growth in community and usage on a global scale, empowering people and companies in 131 countries to build sustainable and reliable projects faster.
As a company, we’ve grown from 20 people to 175 right now, across 40 countries, with 42% identifying as female. Our goal is to reach 300 employees by the end of 2022! We recently secured a Series B funding of $47 million. With that said, there’s plenty of room for personal career advancements. It might come faster than you think.
We are a growing Developer Experience team in a company with a flat hierarchy. This means we promise you will have lots of autonomy and accessibility on meaty projects. Hopefully, this is your idea of career progression.
Many companies talk at length about their company, we will let the results speak for themselves. In the last 3 years, only one person has left.
Yes, we are fast-paced, and our team is passionate and driven to become the defacto standard in headless CMS. If you want to influence the future of Storyblok, and how businesses manage their content, join us as our Data Engineer.
What is in it for you
We have been ranked as the 5th most flexible company to work for. You will be joining a growing company where you can contribute to many “firsts”. Plus these benefits:
- Home office setup allowance or membership to a local co-working space
- A team that loves to have fun at work and works hard together to accomplish shared goals
- The annual international team-building trip, plus quarterly and monthly online get-togethers
- 25 days of annual leave (not including sick leave) plus your local national holidays
- Personal development fund for courses, conferences, and material
- Very supportive team members who will help support you along your way
- Employee options scheme
- As a fully remote company with work-life balance at its core, you’ll enjoy flexible schedules
What you’ll do if you join us
In this role, you will be our analytical data expert who has the technical skills to solve complex problems – and the curiosity to explore what problems need to be solved.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality and efficiency in our data systems
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
What you’ll bring to the table
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Data Engineering
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets
- Knowledge of SQL and Python; familiarity with Node.js is an asset
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Experience with AWS cloud services: Glue, Lambda, S3, Redshift
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Passion for remote working
Storyblok has a commitment to diversity and inclusion. We strive to create a hiring environment in which all people feel they are equally respected and valued, irrespective of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age, religion, citizenship, or any other characteristic.
For Austrian employees: The employment is in accordance with the collective salary and wage agreement for employees of “Angestellte von Unternehmen im Bereich Dienstleistungen in der automatischen Datenverarbeitung und Informationstechnik” ST1 Einstiegsstufe. We offer a higher compensation depending on your experience and skills.
Technologies & Skills
and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.