This documentation is out of date. Please checkout our new documentation: Content Authoring about this topic.
You’re able to create a new Release to bundle your changes so they won’t apply directly. Doing that allows you to prepare product launches or startpage changes. The content of a release can be accessed by appending the URL parameter from_release with the release id, as every release lives within the Preview Pipeline Stage you will still need the token for that Preview Pipeline Stage.
To setup releases when using the visual preview you need to check the value of the url parameter _storyblok_release and adapt your api calls to include the parameter from_release.
Example request getting a single content item from the release with the id 29:
$ curl -X GET \ 'https://api.storyblok.com/v1/cdn/stories/home?from_release=29version=draft&token=miQeEopSce7bklQFVbBozQtt'
Starting a new Release
- Press “New Release” before making any changes
- Enter the new of the Release you’re about to start
- If you already know the release date, schedule it
- Press “Create” to create the new Release
The new Release
- Tab navigation through multiple releases, identified using the release name
- Edit button to allow changes to schedule date, name and even deleting a release
- As there are currently no changes to your release you won’t see any entry if you select the “Show only items from this release” checkbox. Once you’ve created ne entries or updated existing stories this checkbox will allow you to see only content entries you either created and those you’ve changed.
- Pressing “Send Approval” will allow you to send an approval request to another collaborator of your space, to make sure your changes are okay to be applied back to the first stage: Preview.
- To apply your changes back to the Preview Stage you can use the “Release Now” feature or wait till the release schedule is fulfilled.
You can now work in the release as you would normally do in the default Preview stage. Your changes will not affect the Preview stage and therefore won’t be deployed on later Stages that use the Preview Pipeline Stage as it’s source.